Tell us your state senate and state house districts. Note: We are NOT asking for your U.S. Senate and U.S. House districts (the elected officials who meeting in Washington, D.C. ). We are asking about your elected officials you meet in Nashville--your state senator and your state representative. You can find them at this link by entering your street address.
So tell us your state senator and your state representative as well as your email address. Thank you!Send feedback
Brynda Quinn endorsed 2017-02-16 17:55:16 -0600This bill is bad for clients, bad for therapists, and bad for Tennessee.
Tennessee HB1840, the Counseling Discrimination bill, highlights the need for counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers to speak out for inclusive practices. We urge any practitioner to endorse the statement below. Those who endorse will be listed on our website and receive a Tennessee Open For Business window cling for display in their offices. If you would like to support programs like this, make your tax deductible contribution at this link.
As counselors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and social workers serving clients in Tennessee, we affirm that we do not discriminate based on sexual orientation or gender identity and we will not use our own sincerely held principles as a reason to turn clients away.Endorse
Brynda Quinn donated 2016-07-27 13:43:31 -0500$4,610.00 raisedGOAL: $4,000.00
Murfreesboro Pride takes place on August 27, 2016 on the square in Murfreesboro. Use this form to purchase sponsorships. We will contact you after you make your payment to confirm the name of your business or organization.
The following are the sponsorship levels with benefits. Note that benefits are cumulative.
1. Blue/$100--Name recognition on webisite
2. Purple/$250--One social media mention
3. Magenta/$500--Name recognition on website, one social media mention, organization/company name on Pride shirt
4. Red/$750--Name recognition on website, one social media mention, organization/company name on Pride shirt, mention from the Pride stage, video post or special article on the website
5. Orange/$1000--Name recognition on website, one social media mention, organization/company name on Pride shirt, mention from Pride stage, video post or special article on the website, Step and Repeat photo booth banner logo
6. Gold/$1500--Name recognition on website, one social media mention, organization/company name on Pride shirt, mention from Pride stage, video post or special article on the website, Step and Repeat photo booth banner logo, ability to speak from the Pride stageDonate
Brynda Quinn posted about VETO Hate Bill 1840, the Counseling Discrimination bill on Facebook 2016-04-09 09:00:46 -0500Sign the petition: VETO Hate Bill 1840, the Counseling Discrimination bill
Please, add your voice and urge Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam to veto this discriminatory bill.4,239 signatures
Dear Governor Haslam,
We urge you to veto HB1840, which allows counselors to turn away clients based on the counselor's biases and values. This bill puts the focus on the desires of counselors rather than on the needs of clients, damaging the counseling profession and putting clients at risk.
An anti-bullying amendment was stripped from the bill in the House Health Committee leaving youth vulnerable in areas where mental health services are not widely available.
Thank you for considering our views.
Brynda Quinn posted about Tennessee Open For Business on Facebook 2015-04-28 20:41:56 -0500I'm endorsing Tennessee Equality Project. Please join me!
Tennessee Open For Business is a free program for Tennessee businesses that pledge not to discriminate against their employees or customers on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. That means that member businesses do not discriminate against gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender individuals or couples. Members will get a listing on our website, a post on Facebook, and a window cling suitable for display in their storefront. The program is made possible through generous support of the Brooks Fund of the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
You can see a list of some of the current members of Tennessee Open For Business at this link.
For questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Endorse